top of page
grants for teachers, supporting Westerville City Schools, innovative programs
5 TIPS ON BRINGING DIVERSE COLLECTIONS TO YOUR CLASSROOM
1. Apply for a Many Voices collection. Application due May 31. Teachers will be notified by July 1. If you receive funding for a collection, you can purchase books at Birdie Books. Download this PDF to learn to create an account and keep books in your account for this purpose.
2. Explore the Many Voices Resource List. Our team has assembled a fantastic list of books by grade level on a variety of diverse topics and featuring diverse protagonists and perspectives.
3. Check Out Books from the Many Voices collection in the the Westerville Public Library.
4. Explore the Many Voices collection online at Birdie Books.
5. Use the Probing Questions and Discussion Guides for the books in the Many Voices collections in your classroom.
Want to learn more about the need for Diverse Books? Check out these great organizations and sites.
School Library Journal: Diverse Books
MultiCultural Children's Book Day
Interview with Kwame Alexander
bottom of page